Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A car or other four-wheel motor vehicle decorated as a work of art.
- ‘He was featured in Harrod Blank's ‘Wild Wheels’, a documentary film about art cars, in which he said, ‘I want to be famous, I want people to know what I've done, to recognize me.’’
- ‘By my own estimation, drug-sniffing dogs prowled the crowd of some 25,000 in record numbers, and officials from the Bureau of Land Management used any excuse to pull over art cars and search them.’
- ‘Adding to the proceeds was Annie Dale Owen, who plunked down a cool $25,000 in the auction for Mark Bradford's fire-breathing dragon art car.’
- ‘The flag on my first art car, ‘Oh My God!’ symbolized my scepticism of the ‘American Dream.’’
- ‘Throughout the weekend, this festival hosts a plethora of events for everyone, including art cars, live music and kids' stuff.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.