Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A car or other four-wheel motor vehicle decorated as a work of art.
- ‘By my own estimation, drug-sniffing dogs prowled the crowd of some 25,000 in record numbers, and officials from the Bureau of Land Management used any excuse to pull over art cars and search them.’
- ‘Throughout the weekend, this festival hosts a plethora of events for everyone, including art cars, live music and kids' stuff.’
- ‘The flag on my first art car, ‘Oh My God!’ symbolized my scepticism of the ‘American Dream.’’
- ‘Adding to the proceeds was Annie Dale Owen, who plunked down a cool $25,000 in the auction for Mark Bradford's fire-breathing dragon art car.’
- ‘He was featured in Harrod Blank's ‘Wild Wheels’, a documentary film about art cars, in which he said, ‘I want to be famous, I want people to know what I've done, to recognize me.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.