One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Oversee or work on (a film, publication, or other media production) as an art director.‘he art-directed Nova magazine in the 1960s’no object ‘she continues to design and art-direct for the Hollywood film industry’
- ‘To art direct a parody of a high school yearbook, you had to think like a high school yearbook art director.’
- ‘While I loved art directing fashion, I loved illustrating it more.’
- ‘I'm going to art direct the GOP convention issue for them.’
- ‘If it was a job I was art directing, I usually wouldn't be happy with it and I'd end up doing the illustration anyway.’
- ‘Chloe art directed the project, commissioning some of her friends for drawings.’
- ‘The first Batman movie, Tim Burton's 1989 film, was art directed by Anton Furst.’
- ‘When I told Logan how horribly the shoot went he asked if I'd 'art directed' the shot.’
- ‘Today, I was art directing a shoot.’
- ‘She has art directed and designed 13 magazines, including the internationally acclaimed Big and her self-published magazine called Mu.’
- ‘For much of the 1990s, Venezky had a dream showcase: art directing the feature magazine Speak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.