One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A binary compound of arsenic with a metallic element.
- ‘Gallium arsenide is also used in lasers, such as those present in a compact disc player, in transistors, and in photovoltaic cells.’
- ‘These have an indium arsenide core surrounded by gallium arsenide and an indium-gallium arsenide alloy.’
- ‘Domeykite, the copper arsenide, was named in his honor.’
- ‘Engineers then deposit monolayers of indium arsenide, with a much larger lattice, which leads to surface tension.’
- ‘Ore minerals are found in several of the main chemical classes into which minerals can be classified, including native elements, sulphides, oxides, silicates, arsenides, phosphates, and carbonates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.