One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being arrogant.‘the arrogance of this man is astounding’
haughtiness, conceit, hubris, self-importance, egotism, sense of superiorityView synonyms
- ‘He is an unassuming man, devoid of arrogance, a few years too old to be called a prodigy.’
- ‘The official media has stressed the culpability of the American side and the arrogance of its leaders.’
- ‘Gone is the shameless arrogance and empire building of the previous incumbents.’
- ‘From this side of the Channel, one can easily pour scorn on Gallic arrogance.’
- ‘The arrogance that Dawkins displayed is perhaps the root of all the hostility we see against science.’
- ‘The audacity and arrogance of that move has not been lost on the people of New Zealand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.