One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who has been arrested.
- ‘Further, the Drug Use Forecasting surveys consistently report that female arrestees have higher rates of cocaine use than male arrestees.’
- ‘It appears that providing arrestees with more details about the research protocol will not adversely affect participation.’
- ‘Police officers have complained that the situation leaves them as ‘taxi drivers’, who spend more time moving around arrestees than policing the streets.’
- ‘Table 2 gives the basic sociodemographic characteristics of the sample of arrestees.’
- ‘Although arrestees who are not convicted can later have their DNA removed from databases, this would involve a bureaucratic process.’
- ‘In the past, persons being held by law enforcement or the government had to be classified as suspects, arrestees, or prisoners of war.’
- ‘A random selection of arrestees are approached within 48 hours of their arrest and asked to participate in the study.’
- ‘Prior felony convictions do not trigger DNA collection from any arrestees.’
- ‘Male arrestees charged with minor infractions such as vagrancy, loitering, or traffic violations were excluded from the project.’
- ‘Arrestees who tested positive for at least one drug were significantly more likely to have had a prior arrest as compared to arrestees who did not test positive for drugs.’
- ‘It wasn't until April 2004, almost four years later, that the final arrestees stood trial and were acquitted on all charges.’
- ‘Notably, most of the arrestees had no criminal records, and many were related to or married to US citizens.’
- ‘A disquieting and disturbing aspect of the case was that the accused had become an arrestee, detainee and confessor of a crime before he was a suspect.’
- ‘The police officer should routinely ‘frisk search’ the arrestee.’
- ‘The consent form indicated that arrestees would not be prejudiced should they decline to take part in the study.’
- ‘Only arrestees who had been detained for less than 48 hours were included in the study.’
- ‘Based upon the information provided by these arrestees, the special squad proceeded to Hunan province and arrested the individual known as Ah Bing.’
- ‘A total of 2,009 Cleveland, Detroit, and Houston arrestees were randomly assigned to one of the four experimental cells.’
- ‘After all, the Vienna Convention applies to all foreign arrestees, not just those facing possible execution.’
- ‘This would suggest that dependence on both alcohol and illicit substances tends to be the norm for dependent arrestees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.