One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of aromatic plant extracts and essential oils in massage or baths.
- ‘With stress so much a part of modern life, a weekly oil massage and relaxing aromatherapy can be beneficial for children.’
- ‘On returning to the UK she trained further - as a keep-fit instructor and in aromatherapy and massage.’
- ‘Many people find complementary therapies useful, including acupuncture, reflexology and aromatherapy.’
- ‘Using essential oils in the bath is one of the easiest ways to implement aromatherapy and its benefits.’
- ‘Mineral oil is not used in aromatherapy because mineral oil is not a natural product.’
- ‘It does a lot of spa treatments, everything from facials to aromatherapy to regular massage therapy.’
- ‘Take your pick from a seaweed wrap, salt loofah body buff, Swedish massage, aromatherapy, mineral bath, and more.’
- ‘For example, aromatherapy will not cure serious illness such as cancer or AIDS.’
- ‘Self-study is a wonderful method to use to begin introducing aromatherapy into your lifestyle.’
- ‘They are enjoying aerobics, yoga, aromatherapy and Thai massage, plus they are getting regular health checks.’
- ‘These therapies include aromatherapy, reflexology and acupuncture.’
- ‘Sue is now giving June a course of aromatherapy massage for relaxation purposes in her own home.’
- ‘Alternative therapies such as music therapy, aromatherapy and reminiscence therapy may be helpful to some people.’
- ‘My first attempt at aromatherapy, forty years later, was using lavender oil.’
- ‘The healing power of essential oils is the main attraction in aromatherapy.’
- ‘It offers a range of complementary therapies such as aromatherapy massage, acupuncture, arts and crafts, drama and music.’
- ‘Massage, aromatherapy, breathing exercises and guided visualisations will be among the techniques explored.’
- ‘In aromatherapy, sandalwood is used mainly for its calming effect on the nerves and for skin treatments.’
- ‘The Art of Aromatherapy was the first aromatherapy book published in English.’
- ‘There are books that deal with specific Ayurvedic therapeutics, for instance aromatherapy and natural oils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.