One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of aromatic plant extracts and essential oils in massage or baths.
- ‘On returning to the UK she trained further - as a keep-fit instructor and in aromatherapy and massage.’
- ‘Mineral oil is not used in aromatherapy because mineral oil is not a natural product.’
- ‘These therapies include aromatherapy, reflexology and acupuncture.’
- ‘Sue is now giving June a course of aromatherapy massage for relaxation purposes in her own home.’
- ‘Take your pick from a seaweed wrap, salt loofah body buff, Swedish massage, aromatherapy, mineral bath, and more.’
- ‘Many people find complementary therapies useful, including acupuncture, reflexology and aromatherapy.’
- ‘It offers a range of complementary therapies such as aromatherapy massage, acupuncture, arts and crafts, drama and music.’
- ‘Self-study is a wonderful method to use to begin introducing aromatherapy into your lifestyle.’
- ‘In aromatherapy, sandalwood is used mainly for its calming effect on the nerves and for skin treatments.’
- ‘For example, aromatherapy will not cure serious illness such as cancer or AIDS.’
- ‘The healing power of essential oils is the main attraction in aromatherapy.’
- ‘My first attempt at aromatherapy, forty years later, was using lavender oil.’
- ‘With stress so much a part of modern life, a weekly oil massage and relaxing aromatherapy can be beneficial for children.’
- ‘The Art of Aromatherapy was the first aromatherapy book published in English.’
- ‘Massage, aromatherapy, breathing exercises and guided visualisations will be among the techniques explored.’
- ‘There are books that deal with specific Ayurvedic therapeutics, for instance aromatherapy and natural oils.’
- ‘Using essential oils in the bath is one of the easiest ways to implement aromatherapy and its benefits.’
- ‘It does a lot of spa treatments, everything from facials to aromatherapy to regular massage therapy.’
- ‘Alternative therapies such as music therapy, aromatherapy and reminiscence therapy may be helpful to some people.’
- ‘They are enjoying aerobics, yoga, aromatherapy and Thai massage, plus they are getting regular health checks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.