One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of insect larvae which occur in destructive swarms.
- ‘They are studying which plants a beet army worm prefers for egg laying.’
- ‘A gene that codes for a single myosuppressin FLRFamide has been found in Drosophila, the cockroach Diploptera punctata, and the true army worm Pseudaletia unipuncta.’
- ‘The newly seeded alfalfa has plant bugs and potato leafhoppers and established alfalfa has army worms, alfalfa loopers, thistle caterpillars, and variegated cut worms.’
- ‘From alfalfa weevil larvae and adults to army worms, cloverworms, cutworms, and alfalfa caterpillars to all sorts of aphids, some form of pest seems to be almost everywhere.’
- ‘We controlled army worms by doing a two-ring perimeter around the fairway instead of spraying the whole fairway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.