One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the resources necessary to sustain that increase could be multiplied only arithmetically, adding only a fixed amount every year.’
- ‘In short, the witnesses could do no more than explain arithmetically what had happened; they could not assist on the underlying reasoning nor were any documents available for scrutiny by them, by Railcare or the Court.’
- ‘The problem comes when you try to think algebraically, or arithmetically, about the Gauss problem.’
- ‘Malthus suggested that the world's population, growing at a geometric rate, was increasing at a much faster rate than the world's food production, which only increased arithmetically.’
- ‘A hound whose speed increases arithmetically chases a hare whose speed also increases arithmetically, how far do they travel before the hound catches the hare?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.