One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit in a computer which carries out arithmetic and logical operations.
- ‘As reported in Electronics Times, the company has used an architecture based on arithmetic logic units, in contrast to look-up tables.’
- ‘We are not sticking a few ALUs [arithmetic logic units] here and there.’
- ‘The bits may indicate a negative output of the arithmetic logic unit, a carry out signal, an overflow, or a zero output.’
- ‘Also among the chips developed during this period were the 16-foot arithmetic logic unit, 16-foot multiplier and micro-controller chips.’
- ‘Instead, the company implemented an Ultra-Threading Dispatch Processor that distributes the workload among the pixel processors and makes efficient use of the pixel processors' arithmetic logic units (ALUs).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.