One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There was a world cooling - eight hypotheses exist to explain it! - with intense aridity that created Australia's sub-zones such as south-western and north-western Australia.’
- ‘More than anything I was struck by how incredibly green and lush everything looked after the dryness of the Spanish countryside. I have not been to Spain before, and I was quite taken aback by the aridity of it all.’
- ‘For day after day south of Marzuk we saw nothing but stony wastes and sand dunes with never a blade of grass or bush to relieve the aridity.’
- ‘By the way, Darwin was a naturalist and most would take his comments about Australia's limited prospects as relating to soil quality and aridity, and the subsequently smaller potential population.’
- ‘A heightened sense of beauty somehow seems to have pervaded the desert region, perhaps to balance or counter the extreme aridity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.