One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘First, arguers must convey to opponents that they are understood, and then they must delineate the aspects of opponents' positions that are valid.’
- ‘Instead, this national competition aspires to find the great arguers of the next generation - the politicians, lawyers and philosophers - and pit them against each other.’
- ‘Mom also was an inveterate arguer and would defend her point of view to the end.’
- ‘And it won't surprise most of you to find out that, in fighting, I'm usually the louder and more forceful arguer.’
- ‘Considering that he's a lawyer he's a useless arguer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.