Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An aromatic culinary oil expressed from the seeds of the argan tree, native to an area of southwestern Morocco.
- ‘Muscles in the face are then massaged by Susie, using Moroccan argan oil mixed with sandalwood and jasmine.’
- ‘One such ingredient is argan oil, a product introduced to Chef Patterson by one of his wait staff.’
- ‘There are displays of grinders for argan oil, pots, daggers and ceremonial babouches or slippers.’
- ‘Remove from the heat and add the argan oil, whisking to combine.’
- ‘The production of argan oil, which is still mostly done by traditional methods, is a lengthy process.’
argan oil/ˈärɡən ˌoil/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.