One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A soil type consisting mainly of sand with very little organic matter and supporting limited amounts of specialized vegetation.
- ‘These arenosols are included in the sandy dunes.’
- ‘A difference is also observed between the mineralogy of the arenosols of the north area from the ones developed in the south coast.’
- ‘Medium to fine grained Kalahari sands, with gleyic arenosols in inundation-prone floodplain grassland areas.’
- ‘The dry/wet period ratio of sap flow was statistically equivalent for heath and dipterocarp forest trees, whereas it had been expected that trees on the freely draining arenosol would suffer greater water stress during drought.’
- ‘Soils are predominantly sandy, yellowish-red in colour and slightly acidic (5
1960s: from Latin arena ‘sand’ + -sol.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.