One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not influenced by or practicing religion.‘a secular and areligious culture’
- ‘I even checked out, and our official corporate charity seems to be excitingly areligious.’
- ‘One of the things that has always interested me very much is the fact that I am totally areligious and yet I cannot get rid of religion,’ says Nagarkar.’
- ‘As their numbers increased, they started living in areligious society headed by a dean.’
- ‘This is received wisdom: omnipresent, areligious, and readily embraced by almost everyone.’
- ‘I grew up in an areligious household.’
- ‘In Alien, their belief in God - an areligious one, though Christian iconography is scattered throughout the set design - does not save the prisoners who put the most faith in it.’
- ‘Since it's entirely possible to have a completely areligious wedding (we did), I don't see why we should be propping up religious notions of partnership.’
- ‘They have no idea that I'm a leftist areligious Democrat, even though I know exactly what their political affiliations are.’
- ‘Spiritualism embraces all religions, really it is areligious.’
- ‘The temple was holy and spiritual yet somehow areligious in its atmosphere, design and decoration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.