One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chief priest.
- ‘They would say that being an archpriest of a major basilica is an important job, you need a senior churchman to do it.’
- ‘The words slid into my mind like the drifting feather of an angel, and I remembered what the archpriest had said just before I'd left.’
- ‘In 1755 Fagnano was appointed as archpriest, a very high rank to achieve.’
- ‘In a given year, in 1824, for example, there were 34,095 priests and archpriests, 15,081 deacons, and 59,740 sacristans in Russia.’
- ‘‘I know your mission here, of course,’ the archpriest told him, ‘and I have information for you.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.