One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In addition, anyone convicted of dishonouring his parents could be struck off the citizen-lists and was considered automatically disqualified from an archonship, or from the right to address the people.’
- ‘After the war, Aristides was instrumental in making the archonships open to all male citizens.’
- ‘Epicurus died in the second year of the 127th Olympiad, in the archonship of Pytharatus, at the age of 72.’
- ‘This took place in the archonship of Hegesias, five years after the first establishment of his rule.’
- ‘His popular support and his membership to the council of the Areopagus, following his archonship in 525, probably gave Cleisthenes the authority to begin to install the democratic system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.