One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's a sense of delicacy and detail in his approach that saves it from descending into rarefied archness.’
- ‘Moreover, his fascination with B-movies, science fiction and the rest of pop culture was self-conscious but not qualified by archness or irony.’
- ‘The archness doesn't really get in the way of the crime fighting, but it does lift this book from potentially boring to perfectly diversionary summer reading.’
- ‘I found this a satisfying device, teetering on archness, but successful in maintaining a playful tone.’
- ‘There is no archness in the presentation of this stuff; it does not read with a hint of irony, it has no sly jokes between the lines, no punchlines whatsoever.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.