One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A result stating that a body totally or partially immersed in a fluid is subject to an upward force equal in magnitude to the weight of fluid it displaces.
- ‘Angeli examined fluid statics based on Archimedes' principle and Torricelli's experiments.’
- ‘Right femurs and fourth lumbar vertebrae were analyzed for bone mineral density utilizing Archimedes' principle.’
- ‘Why an object floats can be understood from Archimedes' principle as a special situation where the weight of water displaced by the object equals the weight of the object.’
- ‘The needed flash of insight that came to him as he climbed into an overflowing bathtub-his body was displacing an equal volume of water-not only solved his problem but led to Archimedes' principle.’
- ‘At the end of the treatment period, the bone volume and density of the femurs were measured by Archimedes' principle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.