One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to archaeology.‘uprooting trees will disturb any archaeological remains below ground level’‘the archaeological sites of Mesopotamia’
- ‘It was a determined effort to apply the new archaeological information to the creation of a new architecture directly inspired by the antique.’
- ‘Among the recent urban planning efforts in Athens is one of the most ambitious modern engineering/archaeological projects ever undertaken.’
- ‘The situation was further complicated by the archaeological researches in Egypt of scholars attached to the conquering armies of Napoleon.’
- ‘An archaeological dig is taking place near the palace.’
- ‘The remains that emerged from the overburden of centuries of rubbish were themselves the object of intense archaeological interest.’
- ‘The stadium resembles a modern archaeological relic poised in an excavated landscape.’
- ‘Changes of material mark positions of former walls, a revelation of archaeological history.’
- ‘This enclosure for archaeological remains at Ephesus elegantly reconciles historic conservation with accessibility for visitors.’
- ‘We substituted many of the archeological pieces with replicas for tactile discovery.’
- ‘The complex includes a major library, museum, youth center and hostel, classroom facilities, and an archaeological research institute.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.