One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not based on or governed by reason.
- ‘It's not so much irrational as arational in my reading.’
- ‘The body of arational knowledge within the organisation must be recognised by the researcher.’
- ‘The first is that I explicitly admit that is an unjustified, foundational, non-contingent, arational belief.’
- ‘Evaluating irrational and arational decisions based on our emotions with mathematics may be impossible.’
- ‘According to him, clarity is an essential aspect of the arational structure of consciousness.’
- ‘Suppose that, instead of picking one over the other, the agent realizes that performing arational actions is something s/he wants to avoid.’
- ‘Since absolute value judgments are necessarily arational, anything can be called absolutely good and anything can be seen as a cause of guilt.’
- ‘They had difficulty in dealing with how business was actually done, and in particular with the arational, human realities of the organization including their own emotional involvement.’
- ‘It is worth noting that philosophers have themselves been the ones to spill much ink over the role that may be played by arational factors in science.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.