One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who keeps an aquarium.
- ‘The main culprits for the release of invasive plants are actually aquarists and gardeners who unwittingly dump excess quantities of problem species into the countryside.’
- ‘‘I know that some aquarists have trouble with certain anemones proliferating in their aquarium, so at least some anemones reproduce in captivity,’ he said.’
- ‘She didn't even give up in December when aquarists, convinced the eggs weren't fertile, began draining her 3,600-gallon tank.’
- ‘You can then gift a fellow aquarist with the culture to begin a vinegar eel colony of their own.’
- ‘Using case studies and projections, this book is an excellent source of information for marine biologists, oceanographers, aquarists, and fishery scientists.’
- ‘I am not an aquarist, but my wife has a 44-gallon freshwater tank that is always crystal-clear.’
- ‘‘These sharks are a targeted species for anglers in Tralee Bay and are becoming quite rare for various reasons,’ the aquarist told us.’
- ‘Under a microscope, aquarists saw developing eyes and pulsing mantles.’
- ‘Finally, responsible aquarists must work to educate beginners and others to avoid unnecessary death and destruction.’
- ‘Butterflyfishes are one of the most popular tropical fishes with divers and aquarists.’
- ‘At the other end of the spectrum, nurse sharks are popular with aquarists, though they are highly predatory, often eating other organisms in the same tank.’
- ‘Corallimorpharia are well known to aquarists because of their striking forms and colors, the latter often due to symbiotic zooxanthellae within the tissues of the polyp.’
- ‘The tank is therefore cleaned daily by a stream of divers, mostly volunteers, under the watchful eye of the North Rock aquarist.’
- ‘White worms are easy to raise. A plastic shoebox from the dollar store will meet the needs of most aquarists.’
- ‘The huge Queensland groper is Dom, after the aquarist who trapped it.’
- ‘Feeding the Daphnia is where most aquarists fail.’
- ‘They were busy adding meaning to the club, which has its objectives neatly worked out: Bring together Indian aquarists, share the knowledge of experienced aquarists, improve the standards of aquaria.’
- ‘Salt-water aquarists may already know what Trichoplax is - it's a common salt-water scavenger that crops up on the glass walls of aquaria, sliding around and eating algae.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.