One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of tools and resources in an operating system, enabling developers to create software applications.
- ‘The service layer may have an application programming interface that permits many applications to have access to the database.’
- ‘Other systems take advantage of application programming interfaces, which enable software to interact via a standard set of operations and commands.’
- ‘If we think of a Web URL as a really simple interface for requesting information - a simple application programming interface - then a Web feed is one of the simplest responses we can receive.’
- ‘Access to the physical stores can take place through the logical store with a single call to an appropriate application programming interface.’
- ‘The OS by definition must include an application programming interface, and hardware interfaces in the form of device drivers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.