One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of tools and resources in an operating system, enabling developers to create software applications.
- ‘If we think of a Web URL as a really simple interface for requesting information - a simple application programming interface - then a Web feed is one of the simplest responses we can receive.’
- ‘The service layer may have an application programming interface that permits many applications to have access to the database.’
- ‘Other systems take advantage of application programming interfaces, which enable software to interact via a standard set of operations and commands.’
- ‘The OS by definition must include an application programming interface, and hardware interfaces in the form of device drivers.’
- ‘Access to the physical stores can take place through the logical store with a single call to an appropriate application programming interface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.