One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I meant every word of it; the only simile I could find for the appetitiveness and promiscuity of the mind in the presence of whatever would carry it off to a new place was a sexual one.’
- ‘Rather, we notice an increasing appetitiveness in our people, an increased willingness to pursue power, pleasure, and personal appetite without constraint or shame.’
- ‘Does the body drive human appetitiveness, or do ‘higher’ values, like reason, commerce, and familial love?’
- ‘This too is a bizarre exercise in appetitiveness and lip-smacking, but it at least draws attention to the issue.’
- ‘My main point was that the boys could well learn to suffer a little tedium and appetitiveness when someone was out working on their behalf - or simply when anyone important to them was expected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.