One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A court that hears appeals from a lower court.
- ‘It has already divided federal appeals courts, and will likely soon be considered by the Supreme Court.’
- ‘What role could appeals courts play in second-guessing judgments about eligibility?’
- ‘With a square conflict between two federal appeals courts, the secret hearing issue appears ripe for Supreme Court resolution.’
- ‘In both civil and criminal trials, appeals courts strongly defer to a jury's decision to believe one witness rather than another.’
- ‘This practice, which was also adopted by lower federal appeals courts and state courts, meant that the rules of law adopted by the American judiciary were relatively easy to identify.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.