One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A court that hears appeals from a lower court.
- ‘In both civil and criminal trials, appeals courts strongly defer to a jury's decision to believe one witness rather than another.’
- ‘With a square conflict between two federal appeals courts, the secret hearing issue appears ripe for Supreme Court resolution.’
- ‘It has already divided federal appeals courts, and will likely soon be considered by the Supreme Court.’
- ‘This practice, which was also adopted by lower federal appeals courts and state courts, meant that the rules of law adopted by the American judiciary were relatively easy to identify.’
- ‘What role could appeals courts play in second-guessing judgments about eligibility?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.