One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Time as calculated by the motion of the apparent (true) sun. The time indicated by a sundial corresponds to apparent solar time.Compare with mean solar time
- ‘It keeps apparent solar time, which is out of step with modern clock time on several counts.’
- ‘Because of fast long rage communications, local apparent solar time is not useful to regulate our daily activities.’
- ‘To correct apparent solar time to mean solar time, one uses the equation of time displayed graphically below.’
- ‘The deviations between apparent solar time and mean solar time are described by the equation of time’
- ‘Mean solar time, rather than apparent solar time, is the basis for local civil and standard time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.