One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Hypothesized forces selecting for coloration in sponges include aposematism (warning coloration), as has been shown in a variety of marine and terrestrial organisms, and photoprotection.’
- ‘Thus, although aposematism is common (96% of armed plants), it is not present in all physically armed plants even in closely related taxa (S. Lev-Yadun, pers. comm.).’
- ‘The coupling of these attributes suggests that there is adaptive value to protection against predation by being less visually apparent, chemically defended, or for larger animals, by aposematism.’
- ‘The present study was originally carried out to compare the larval bioluminescence of L. noctiluca with the color of light-emitting diodes that were used to mimic larval glows in experiments on bioluminescent aposematism.’
- ‘The field and herbarium study permitted us to document aposematism in the native and naturalized vascular flora of the region.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.