One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no electrical polarity.
- ‘As is well known, the surface tension between water and an apolar medium of low dielectric constant increases with increasing salt concentration.’
- ‘These binding surfaces are generally larger and more apolar than those of three-state binding complexes such as that involving antibody-antigen complexes.’
- ‘It is likely that similar results are obtained in all atoms simulations where apolar molecules have very small partial charges.’
- ‘The lessened stability of these structural elements is very likely caused by the apolar environment.’
- ‘In general, the pore-lining residues are hydrophobic, which would create an apolar seal and prevent the passage of ions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.