Without feet or having only rudimentary feet.
- ‘Should the two insects, however, hereafter prove to be equally apodous in the second stage, the character will become generically important.’
- ‘The larvae are eruciform and apodous meaning they look like a caterpillar with no legs.’
- ‘Firstly, all apodous squamates have ribs starting on or before the fourth vertebra.’
- ‘The larva is apodous and feeds on the flower head, fruits, seeds, stem or roots.’
- ‘They present a region composed of apodous segments in the posterior portion, before the telson, called the growth zone, which develops new segments and new pairs of legs at every molt.’