Deficiency of all types of blood cells caused by failure of bone marrow development.
- ‘In addition, bone marrow and stem cell transplants may be used to treat people with other blood disorders, such as severe aplastic anemia, and immune system disorders, such as severe combined immunodeficiency disorder.’
- ‘The only possible cure for aplastic anemia, we were told, was a bone-marrow transplant.’
- ‘Bone marrow transplantation may be considered in some cases of sickle cell anemia, thalassemia, and aplastic anemia.’
- ‘She has been fighting against the debilitating illness aplastic anaemia since she was diagnosed with the condition in the summer of 2000.’
- ‘When she developed aplastic anaemia, her bone marrow failed so she could not produce the vital blood cells that fight infection and deliver oxygen around the body.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.