Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An extinct apelike primate believed to be related or ancestral to present-day humans.
- ‘We now have a better understanding of where early apemen fit in evolution.’
- ‘Bigfoot, the mythical apeman that for a time haunted the American subconscious - much as the Loch Ness Monster has haunted ours - was finally laid to rest along with the old man who dreamt him up.’
- ‘‘Right now we can say this is the world's oldest bipedal apeman,’ said Latimer.’
- ‘The dinosaur sequences are a combination of CGI and animatronics that are well-integrated, but the apemen creations are less compelling - looking too much like what they are, people with artificial facial appliances and make-up.’
- ‘Even evolutionists have decided that these so-called apemen have nothing to do with man's ancestry!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.