One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We now know that Neanderthals were not ape-like.’
- ‘Other traits shared with modern great apes were a large degree of hand rotation, and a distinctly ape-like skull.’
- ‘The early humanoids traditionally characterised as ape-like brutes were deeply emotional beings with high-pitched voices.’
- ‘It reminds of an incident when my normally ape-like father revealed a hitherto unforeseen wit while we were in America.’
- ‘An ape-like creature that lived seven million years ago was confirmed yesterday as the oldest known ancestor of humans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.