One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large building divided into separate apartments.
- ‘When I walk to my apartment building from the station, I take a short-cut through an alley.’
- ‘Parish councillors in Burnley have fallen out with their borough colleagues at the town hall over plans to build an apartment block.’
- ‘How odd, I thought, and went to look out the front to see if they were stopping at our apartment building.’
- ‘Before long she had talked him into coming to her home, a small apartment house across the street from the saloon.’
- ‘He decided to invest in residential property last year, buying an apartment block, and he has plans for more.’
- ‘My house was the only apartment building in that block, and we lived on the sixth floor.’
- ‘From the outside, the apartment block has that distinctly pre-fabricated look to it.’
- ‘A brand new doormat appeared at the front door of our apartment building a short time ago.’
- ‘About two blocks from where we're staying, a new apartment block is under construction.’
- ‘She lived in an apartment house and it had a back hall door and there were cement steps there, and I used to sit on the steps and read to this little group of children that would come.’
- ‘When police arrived at the apartment block, the criminal was still inside the building.’
- ‘The apartment house had been torn down and a large more imposing building had taken its place.’
- ‘He said the proposed apartment block would tower above the neighbouring houses.’
- ‘Rachel didn't say anything else as we walked the few blocks to my apartment building.’
- ‘Residents of the apartment block were allowed to check their apartments over the weekend.’
- ‘She bribed the concierge of his apartment building to keep his whereabouts secret.’
- ‘They walked a few more blocks down and stopped in front of the familiar apartment building.’
- ‘Controversial plans to demolish five traditional homes to make way for a huge apartment block in a village near York are set to be thrown out.’
- ‘A landmark apartment building may be built on the site of the Empress pub in the heart of Bradford city centre.’
- ‘They could make further savings by renting out their parking space to another resident in the apartment block.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.