Swiftly; quickly.‘work continues apace’
quickly, fast, swiftly, rapidly, speedily, briskly, without delay, post-haste, expeditiously, at full speed, at full tiltat warp speedat a rate of knotsView synonyms
- ‘Team-building is also continuing apace at Hunslet whose second row forward Sean Ibbetson is reckoned to be a Knights target.’
- ‘Plans are continuing apace for the Fairymount National School centenary celebrations later in the year.’
- ‘Preparations for the new season at Gigg Lane continue apace.’
- ‘Work on the last minute feature continues apace, with it being dropped onto the page and lined up nicely today, and almost ready for proofing by six.’
- ‘There was no hard landing and housing construction continued apace.’
Late Middle English: from Old French a pas at (a considerable) pace.