One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Swiftly; quickly.‘work continues apace’
quickly, fast, swiftly, rapidly, speedily, briskly, without delay, post-haste, expeditiously, at full speed, at full tiltView synonyms
- ‘Team-building is also continuing apace at Hunslet whose second row forward Sean Ibbetson is reckoned to be a Knights target.’
- ‘Work on the last minute feature continues apace, with it being dropped onto the page and lined up nicely today, and almost ready for proofing by six.’
- ‘Preparations for the new season at Gigg Lane continue apace.’
- ‘Plans are continuing apace for the Fairymount National School centenary celebrations later in the year.’
- ‘There was no hard landing and housing construction continued apace.’
Late Middle English: from Old French a pas ‘at (a considerable) pace’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.