One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very difficult or impossible to determine.‘how well the system will work is anybody's guess’
- ‘Although, again, why she was bothering with him is anyone's guess.’
- ‘Some of these will make fortunes for their directors and some will not, but it's anyone's guess which will thrive and which will fail.’
- ‘How many Pittsburghers will know what they really are celebrating is anyone's guess.’
- ‘This Christmas it was a bridge replacement, so whether things will be running on time tomorrow morning is anyone's guess.’
- ‘It is anyone's guess if Easter Sunday will be resurrection day for him.’
- ‘Now, it's anyone's guess who was the intended target of his verbal charge.’
- ‘How the markets will react in the weeks ahead is anyone's guess however.’
- ‘What to do about this imbalance is anyone's guess; but it does exist.’
- ‘Whether she can maintain the form and the focus until the US Open is anyone's guess but at least she knows that she is a champion again.’
- ‘Whether anyone will develop on the new land is anyone's guess.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.