One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1At whatever time.‘she can come any time’
- ‘The centre presented Heather with a gold card allowing her to visit any time.’
- ‘It's been scary knowing they were on the loose and could strike again, any time.’
- ‘They also freeze quite well so you can pull them out of your freezer and enjoy them any time.’
- ‘Kevin Hayes stood in front of Cusack any time he tried to take a quick puck-out.’
- ‘Gerald's new life is a testament to his independence, but he is able to return home any time he wishes.’
- ‘Federal registration could be granted anytime.’
- ‘The club has a library with a gymnasium where anyone can walk in any time to relax and unwind.’
- ‘A full-back by the name of Larus Sigurdsson flattened him any time he went near the ball.’
- ‘Contestants can make their move any time, with sneaky surprise a distinct advantage.’
- ‘I am writing to complain about people who light bonfires any time, day or night.’
2Without exception or doubt.‘I can handle a shrimp like him anytime’
- ‘Because it's true you know - I can take anyone down, anytime.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.