A tailless amphibian of the order "Anura"; a frog or toad.
- ‘We were able to compare our results with those of an earlier model of anuran breeding behavior.’
- ‘For example anuran tadpoles cannot disperse from their natal pond during development.’
- ‘The larva probably possessed the scraping mouth parts and the branchial filter seen in most extant anuran larvae, and likewise probably also pumped water rhythmically.’
- ‘From 1996 to 1998, I collected tadpoles of 13 anuran species from eastern North America.’
- ‘This is unfortunate because the skeletal reorganization experienced by anurans during metamorphosis is unparalleled among vertebrates.’
Relating to or denoting anurans.
- ‘As in other vertebrates, the anuran auditory system is susceptible to noise masking.’
- ‘Most of the anuran saccular volume is filled with a viscous suspension of calcium carbonate crystals.’
- ‘Little information exists on rates of lymph flow through the anuran lymphatic system.’