One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘We meet early antivivisectionists, such as Frankenstein author Mary Shelley and Anna Kingsford, who studied medicine in order to make their voices heard.’
- ‘For example, she points out that women established the first antivivisectionist societies in both England and America, and that most members were also women.’
- ‘Lederer contends that medical scientists used stories about such "heroic" acts to defend themselves against criticism from antivivisectionist groups--a defense they needed.’
- ‘Indeed, the antivivisectionist ancestors of today's animal rightists attempted to stop the research of Louis Pasteur that led to the discovery of the rabies vaccine.’
- ‘Debate over the ethics of human research was stimulated by antivivisectionists in the nineteenth century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.