One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive (of software) designed to detect and destroy computer viruses.
- ‘The first and most critical element of your Internet security system is antivirus software.’
- ‘I have 3 firewalls and plenty of antivirus software installed on my computer.’
- ‘Users are advised to update their antivirus software and delete any suspicious emails without opening them.’
- ‘Nonetheless vendors have announced plans to update antivirus software to detect the bug.’
- ‘Users are advised to update their antivirus software to detect the worm and to resist the temptation to open unsolicited email attachments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.