One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive (of software) designed to detect and destroy computer viruses.
- ‘Users are advised to update their antivirus software to detect the worm and to resist the temptation to open unsolicited email attachments.’
- ‘Nonetheless vendors have announced plans to update antivirus software to detect the bug.’
- ‘The first and most critical element of your Internet security system is antivirus software.’
- ‘Users are advised to update their antivirus software and delete any suspicious emails without opening them.’
- ‘I have 3 firewalls and plenty of antivirus software installed on my computer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.