One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to legislation preventing or controlling trusts or other monopolies, with the intention of promoting competition in business.
- ‘Agribusiness mergers often don't create a big enough share of a market to trigger antitrust laws.’
- ‘He's no radical, but at least he talks about raising income and enforcing antitrust.’
- ‘But antitrust law focuses on the power of sellers and potential injury to consumers.’
- ‘Because of those antitrust laws we can't just pick a price for all architects to follow and stick to it.’
- ‘Nor did the court suggest that antitrust laws did not apply.’
- ‘Tom and I agree that the ultimate purpose of the antitrust laws is to help consumers.’
- ‘Initially, the antitrust law provisions were inserted into the Treaty in view of their role in the process of market integration.’
- ‘Harl, who is both an economist and a lawyer, understands antitrust laws and issues very well.’
- ‘That, the plaintiffs maintain, is discriminatory, unfair and contrary to US antitrust law.’
- ‘This was the first inter-state trust, which stimulated antitrust legislation.’
- ‘Congress tried to help the farm sector by exempting it from federal antitrust law.’
- ‘We have established social legislation like welfare programs, antitrust laws, and a social security system.’
- ‘Here we take a look at the history of antitrust laws and examine some of the arguments against them.’
- ‘The hour is late, but Congress may toughen antitrust and fair trade laws if you speak out’
- ‘It's one of the major pleasures of having an exemption from the nation's antitrust laws.’
- ‘They enforced the then recent antitrust legislation which had been allowed to lay idle.’
- ‘What is at first glance surprising is that so few mergers and acquisitions of banks have fallen into the antitrust net.’
- ‘The debate is similar to that surrounding the application of the rule of reason in American antitrust law which is referred to at the end of this chapter.’
- ‘The Act provides dairy producers who join together a specific exemption from antitrust laws.’
- ‘The strength of this approach comes from the regulator being pro-active with an ongoing monopoly or antitrust policy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.