One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Preventing or effective against tetanus.‘an antitetanus injection’
- ‘Much more commonly, anti-tetanus serum has been widely used to confer passive immunity after potentially contaminated minor injuries.’
- ‘In fact, there have been cases where consumers have had to take anti-tetanus injections following such bleeding injury to their fingers.’
- ‘Contamination of any kind of wound can cause tetanus, and it is interesting to note that today in Germany those who get bitten by a dog are regularly given just an anti-tetanus shot.’
- ‘As a result, she had to be given an anti-tetanus injection, said Judge Beaumont, who was sitting with Lord Justice Clarke and Mr Justice Astill.’
- ‘When he sought medical treatment he suffered a serious allergic reaction to an anti-tetanus injection given to him by a doctor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.