One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The policy or practice of opposing racism and promoting racial tolerance.
- ‘Official anti-racism has given to racial questions a cardinal importance that they never had before.’
- ‘It is a politics that has informed not just black power anti-racism but the gay pride movement and, above all, radical feminism.’
- ‘These events and conflicts linked anti-racism to democratic political development more strongly than ever before.’
- ‘With its compelling message of anti-racism, tolerance, and pluralism, it is seen as a useful way to combat Islamophobia and reassure British Muslims.’
- ‘He's somebody who strongly promotes anti-racism and equality.’
- ‘Case studies of best anti-racism practice both at home and abroad are being distributed to companies here.’
- ‘Fought for, but never fully achieved - which brings us to the second principle: consistent anti-racism.’
- ‘It called for employees of state services to be given cultural and anti-racism training to prevent racism in the workplace.’
- ‘This would be the blueprint for all schooling: I'd promote anti-racism and religious tolerance so pupils knew what it was.’
- ‘As such it is a general expression of anti-racism.’
- ‘What's more, amongst 16 to 30 year olds, anti-racism is strengthening.’
- ‘They are not concerned with working-class solidarity, anti-racism, human rights and democratic politics.’
- ‘That made it possible for people to leave without giving up on their anti-racism.’
- ‘This presentation of a society in which racism is everywhere and in everybody is a million miles away from the traditional understanding of racism and anti-racism.’
- ‘And tomorrow it will be the leftists, socialists, anti-war and anti-racism campaigners if this is allowed to continue.’
- ‘A tradition of anti-racism in this country has been forged.’
- ‘Indian and Sri Lankan dancing and a Malaysian wedding ceremony were some of the highlights of a day that promoted cultural diversity and anti-racism.’
- ‘Many came from groups associated with the Church, pacifism and anti-racism.’
- ‘The session on defending communities turned into a riveting debate covering crime, housing, anti-racism and asylum seekers.’
- ‘Brando's commitment to anti-racism was lifelong and heartfelt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.