One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Molecules formed by atoms consisting of antiprotons, antineutrons, and positrons. Stable antimatter does not appear to exist in our universe.
- ‘You wouldn't be able to tell by looking whether the black hole was originally formed by matter, antimatter or green cheese.’
- ‘He also predicted the existence of antimatter (specifically the antiparticle of the electron) that was later discovered in nature.’
- ‘What everyone actually needs here is a more efficient mobile power source, whether it be cold fusion, lithium air or a matter / antimatter reactor.’
- ‘If matter and antimatter collide, they annihilate each other.’
- ‘There is both matter (such as electrons) and oppositely charged antimatter (such as positrons).’
- ‘Matter and antimatter just don't mix, so it's surprising that you can probe one with the other.’
- ‘He saw how magnetic traps could make antimatter useful in medicine, principally in tumor treatment.’
- ‘Why is the universe made of matter and not equal parts of matter and antimatter?’
- ‘Those equations and present particle physics say that matter and antimatter are equivalent.’
- ‘The definition of matter and antimatter is purely conventional.’
- ‘When particles of matter and particles of antimatter collide, large amounts of energy are produced as a by-product.’
- ‘The answer to your question is, thus, clearly yes: matter would be created when antimatter particles collide at high energy.’
- ‘Much like matter and antimatter the two objects would be almost instantly converted to pure energy, generating a massive explosion.’
- ‘Mirror matter is not antimatter, it is altogether weirder.’
- ‘What is CP violation and how does it explain the fact that matter outnumbers antimatter in the universe?’
- ‘Theory suggests that, at the moment the universe was created, equal amounts of matter and antimatter were formed.’
- ‘In the enormous densities of the early moments of the Big Bang the result would have been a catastrophic annihilation of matter and antimatter into radiation.’
- ‘This brief survey of recent Lorentz tests only lists those experiments involving light, ordinary matter, and antimatter.’
- ‘Paul Dirac predicted the existence of antimatter with his relativistic wave equation in 1928.’
- ‘Various propulsion schemes have been proposed, from nuclear fusion to antimatter to laser sails.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.