Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Prejudiced against or opposed to homosexuality or homosexuals.‘the reform of antigay laws’
biased, bigoted, discriminatory, partisan, partial, one-sided, jaundiced, intolerant, narrow-minded, unfair, unjust, inequitable, non-objective, unobjective, blinkered, parti pris, coloured, distorted, warped, loaded, weightedView synonyms
- ‘The Pink Panther Patrol began in New York City in the 1980s as a community patrol to stop anti gay violence.’
- ‘And he had a completely antigay record in Texas.’
- ‘Even fewer seemed interested in why a gay man would ever work for a seemingly antigay politician.’
- ‘It is conspicuously anti-gay and anti-Semitic, and has gone out of its way to earn contempt around the country by picketing the funerals of soldiers and Marines killed in combat.’
- ‘The teachers I know do oppose anti gay bullying, as they would any other kind, though.’
- ‘Even the anti-gay congressional hearings managed to communicate that many gays and lesbians want to marry their partners, join the mainstream and be fellow citizens.’
- ‘That year, incidents characterized by the group as anti gay violence ranging from verbal harassment to murder jumped 30 percent over 2003.’
- ‘It is completely anti gay.’
- ‘If you're anti-gay, you might want to stay away.’
- ‘The regime has also been ferociously anti-gay.’
- ‘However, I was dismayed to see the lurid anti gay comments from one of the managing directors printed in your paper.’
- ‘Most or all its public figures were openly anti-gay.’
- ‘She has been wonderful to her son and she at one time was anti gay.’
- ‘She said she did not kick Craig or use anti gay slurs.’
- ‘He got put on the ballot in Oregon temporarily by catering to a virulently anti-gay right-wing group.’
- ‘The religious anti gay activists said the gay pride event has prompted new dialogue between them that extends to a broader discussion of religion and politics.’
- ‘His opponents said he was the "most anti-gay federal judicial nominee in memory."’
- ‘As you may know, this is still a very homophobic society and lots of our DJs make songs with anti gay lyrics.’
- ‘So it's not about being pro or anti gay.’
- ‘His voting record was uniformly anti-gay.’
A person who is prejudiced against or opposed to homosexuality or homosexuals.‘antigays were angry the event wasn't banned outright’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.