One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a drug) used to alleviate diarrhea.
- ‘On the other hand, if you have diarrhea, your doctor may recommend anti-diarrheal medications’
- ‘Diarrhoea and vomiting are common and usually managed using oral antiemetics, rehydration solutions, and antidiarrhoeal agents.’
- ‘The only common consequence of removing the gall bladder is an increase in stool frequency, which is clinically important in less than 5% of patients and responds well to standard antidiarrhoeal drugs when necessary.’
- ‘Once other causes have been excluded, symptomatic treatment can include antipyretics, antidiarrhoeal agents and if all else fails, steroids.’
- ‘The therapeutic armamentarium available to accomplish these purposes includes antibiotics, antidiarrhoeal agents, antimotility agents, and other treatments including hydration to treat symptoms.’
- ‘Use anti-diarrheal medications and laxatives with caution.’
- ‘Routine use of antidiarrheal agents is not recommended because many of these agents potentially have serious adverse effects in infants and young children.’
- ‘It is also in products like toothpastes, cosmetics, rust removers, water-based paints, and antidiarrheal medicines.’
- ‘Effective antidiarrhoeal drugs such as loperamide and diphenoxylate can be used when necessary.’
- ‘They have antioxidant properties, antidiarrheal effects, and are toxic to a wide range of microbial organisms including parasites and some common viruses.’
An antidiarrheal drug.
- ‘To help treat your symptoms, your doctor may recommend anti-diarrhoeals, laxatives, pain relievers or other over-the-counter (OTC) drugs.’
- ‘This result was attributed to the Aegle marmelos, a commonly known antidiarrheal in India, although the two botanicals were not given separately, so individual effects cannot be confirmed.’
- ‘Additional therapy can consist of dietary restriction, anti-emetics (anti-vomiting), anti-diarrheals, and broad spectrum antibiotics to prevent secondary infections.’
- ‘Occasionally, antidiarrhoeals such as codeine phosphate or loperamide may be required.’
- ‘Clioquinol, an antidiarrheal, passed tests in rats, cats, dogs and rabbits.’
- ‘At the hospital we currently have good stocks of vitamins, antidiarrhoeals, haematinics, and antifungals.’
- ‘If you suffer from diarrhea, then you may want to try anti-diarrheals or anti-spasmodic medications.’
- ‘Standard treatments for lower bowel symptoms include dietary fibre, laxatives, antispasmodic agents, and antidiarrhoeals.’
- ‘Anti-diarrheals help to alleviate the pain and cramping caused by diarrhea.’
- ‘It is commonly used as an antidiarrheal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.