Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in computer graphics) a technique used to add greater realism to a digital image by smoothing jagged edges on curved lines and diagonals.
- ‘We now have 3D hardware capable of simultaneous MIP-mapping, anisotropic filtering, and antialiasing in real time, at 60 frames per second in many titles.’
- ‘The technology's intelligent antialiasing captures a higher-resolution version of each image, then resizes and resamples it for output to your screen, smoothing away imperfections.’
- ‘The industry's fastest antialiasing delivers ultra-realistic visuals, with no jagged edges, at lightning-fast speeds.’
- ‘Using full-screen antialiasing was out of the question altogether.’
- ‘Support of full-screen antialiasing (supersampling and multisampling with 2 to 4 samples)’
- ‘It offers up to 50 percent performance improvement in ray tracing with antialiasing, as well as other feature improvements.’
- ‘I was wondering if anyone can explain what it is exactly that anisotropic filtering and antialiasing do.’
- ‘This way, the game engine can look its best, and we can focus our attention on only three knobs and levers: pixel resolution, antialiasing and anisotropic filtering.’
- ‘This, however, often comes at a more substantial performance penalty and some games don't get along well with antialiasing, so you'll want to experiment a bit and perhaps revisit this control panel.’
- ‘On my system, which is middle class at best, I have all features maxed out, even enabled antialiasing, and I still get enjoyable framerates in cities.’
- ‘We believe that running at higher levels of antialiasing would generate unplayable frame rates, so we didn't test with higher settings.’
- ‘In three more games the speed proved to be limited by the CPU performance despite our using full-screen antialiasing.’
- ‘Also, edge antialiasing is used to keep the image ‘jag’ free and clean.’
- ‘Well anyway you may only want to play the game in 1024x768 with this level of antialiasing enabled.’
- ‘The old-fashioned method of antialiasing is called super sampling.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.