One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Opposing or legislating against medically induced abortion.
- ‘That he did not prioritize his opposition to abortion drew criticism from some within the anti-abortion movement.’
- ‘I rattled and sang to detoxify the current of anger the anti-abortion marchers projected.’
- ‘Even to those who are anti-abortion, I feel there are always situations in which abortion cannot possibly be classified as murder.’
- ‘She said the anti-abortion movement's ultimate aim was to make all abortion a crime.’
- ‘Does the anti-abortion lobby demand that a pregnancy continue if the mother's life is in danger?’
- ‘The anti-abortion lobby argues that a fetus is a person who is entitled to civil rights.’
- ‘Although Britain has a vocal anti-abortion lobby opposed to embryo research, it is very much in the minority.’
- ‘However, this film presents such a sanitised version of amateur abortion that it is in effect powerful fodder for the anti-abortion lobby.’
- ‘Ministers hope the move will reduce the number of teenage pregnancies but anti-abortion campaigners have fiercely opposed the changes.’
- ‘All dilemmas can be resolved, say the anti-abortion lobby, if the starting point is the foetus rather than the woman.’
- ‘But this is an image used by the anti-abortion lobby and it generates heat in an emotive area.’
- ‘The use of images of fetuses has generally been a favoured tactic of the anti-abortion lobby.’
- ‘She does not, for example, have problems with anti-abortion activists displaying the results of late abortions.’
- ‘Some anti-abortion groups believe that life begins at conception and prevention of implantation is murder.’
- ‘Legalizing abortion didn't make anti-abortion advocates accept it.’
- ‘This has caused widespread opposition from the anti-abortion lobby.’
- ‘For example, at anti-abortion rallies you always hear the phrase ‘abortion is murder’.’
- ‘In Montana, an anti-abortion bill was introduced requiring death certificates for fetuses.’
- ‘The anti-abortion protesters who block clinics would also qualify.’
- ‘This constant reference to the foetus as a baby has become common coin for the anti-abortion lobby.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.