One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Opposed to; against.‘I'm anti the abuse of drink and the hassle that it causes’
opposed to, in opposition to, hostile to, averse to, antagonistic towards, inimical to, unsympathetic to, resistant to, at odds with, in disagreement with, contraView synonyms
- ‘Some people are very anti the internet and thinks it stops children reading.’
- ‘You're not anti the pharmaceutical industry, are you?’
- ‘But we're really anti the rock star thing.’
- ‘We're very anti people being passed on methadone.’
- ‘In 2005, she stated publicly that she wouldn't ‘be seen dead there’ and has been anti any contact with that country.’
Late 18th century (as a noun): independent usage of anti-.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.