Opposed to; against.‘I'm anti the abuse of drink and the hassle that it causes’
opposed to, in opposition to, hostile to, averse to, antagonistic towards, inimical to, unsympathetic to, resistant to, at odds with, in disagreement with, contraView synonyms
- ‘Some people are very anti the internet and thinks it stops children reading.’
- ‘But we're really anti the rock star thing.’
- ‘In 2005, she stated publicly that she wouldn't ‘be seen dead there’ and has been anti any contact with that country.’
- ‘We're very anti people being passed on methadone.’
- ‘You're not anti the pharmaceutical industry, are you?’
Late 18th century (as a noun): independent usage of anti-.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.