Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a product or technique) designed to prevent the appearance of getting older.‘an anti-aging cream’
- ‘The first step in any weight loss, body shaping or anti-aging program should be cleansing.’
- ‘About the only thing these anti-ageing products do is fatten the wallets of those selling them.’
- ‘I took a good long look, didn't mind what I saw, and decided that I could live without the anti-ageing cream.’
- ‘I already use anti-ageing products.’
- ‘The quick fix solution is adding anti-aging creams to your daily grooming routine.’
- ‘It's easy to incorporate anti-aging nutrients into your diet.’
- ‘Individual researchers have tried to speak out against bogus anti-ageing treatments and practitioners, but this can be a tricky business.’
- ‘Worldwide, the search for an 'anti-ageing pill' is gathering steam.’
- ‘We talked to top experts in the field of anti-aging medicine to find out what you should eat to help you age gracefully.’
- ‘Brazil nuts top up supplies of anti-ageing selenium and almonds are an easy way to ingest vitamin E.’
- ‘Green tea is loaded with disease-fighting, anti-aging antioxidants.’
- ‘Every dermatologist I have spoken to says sunscreen is the most effective anti-ageing weapon.’
- ‘I managed a couple of hours in teh steam room before I went off for my anti-ageing facial.’
- ‘If anything, she thinks her husband's six-year anti-ageing mission has left him more worn out than men of the same age.’
- ‘Tea has also been tipped as an anti-ageing drink because it contains antioxidants.’
- ‘Exercise gets a wholehearted thumbs-up from our panelists, who praise the anti-aging virtues of strength training in particular.’
- ‘I'm innundated with ads for anti-aging products every time I turn on the TV.’
- ‘I'm very against the whole concept of anti-aging medicine.’
- ‘Blueberries may have disease-protective and anti-ageing properties.’
- ‘No magic anti-ageing treatments have yet been discovered beyond good diet, exercise and luck.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.