One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The scientific study of the measurements and proportions of the human body.
- ‘Nutritional status was assessed by anthropometry.’
- ‘Intrigued by the historically reported differences in anthropometry between the bronchitic and emphysematous patients, researchers performed studies to assess body composition in both COPD subtypes.’
- ‘Anthropometry still remains the conventional method for evaluating the nutritional profile of children.’
- ‘Although we did not collect direct data for the assessment of bone lead mobilization during pregnancy, we observed 2 lines of evidence that indicated that bone lead may be mobilized and may have a negative impact in anthropometry at birth.’
- ‘In the 19th and early 20th centuries, anthropometry was a pseudoscience used mainly to classify potential criminals by facial characteristics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.