One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(chiefly of environmental pollution and pollutants) originating in human activity.‘anthropogenic emissions of sulfur dioxide’
- ‘Thus a succession of closely connected environmental and anthropogenic events destroyed the bison.’
- ‘Lakes are also excellent settings for studying the responses of ecosystems to natural and anthropogenic environmental change on human timescales.’
- ‘Of course, there are many well-known cases where pollution is caused by anthropogenic emissions of chemicals.’
- ‘Global anthropogenic emissions of mercury are estimated to range between 2000 and 6000 metric tons per year.’
- ‘While I would like to believe that there are pristine places on this planet where life has not been affected by anthropogenic activities, there are not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.